We began our dance training for our wedding in 1992, and have been dancing ever since! We designed Beginning Ballroom to be the type of dance company we wished we had when we were starting out, and people immediately liked what we had to offer!
Please read below to learn about how we are different, and follow down the page to the reviews and awards that we have received, simply by doing good work and making students happy!
- More Experience: We started out as a wedding couple learning for our big day, and trained for 11 straight years before becoming teachers. Today, we offer 29 years of dancing and 18 years of teaching experience. Many dance studios pair new students with new, inexperienced teachers, many of whom only have a few months of combined dancing AND teaching experience. But, they still charge YOU the same price.
- More affordable pricing
- More flexible lesson hours including: weekdays, weeknights, weekends, virtual and in person.
- More comfortable, less intimidating learning environments including our private, boutique studio, virtually in your own home, and group programs at the Engineers Club.
- Better, more effective teaching methods: We took everything we liked and didn't like about our own learning experiences, and designed better, more personalized methods to make learning faster, easier, and more fun!
- Helpful consulting
- No pressure
- No long-term contracts
- No competing
And, our hard work has paid off! We are are now celebrating 18 years as Baltimore’s best reviewed, ONLY award-winning, and most media-featured dance company!
- the Knot Hall of Fame Award Winners, 2021
- the Knot "Best of Weddings" Award Winners 2017-2021
- WeddingWire "Couples' Choice" Award 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- “People Love Us On Yelp Award 2017
- Featured in/on The Baltimore Sun, the Jewish Times, Maryland Bride Magazine, Baltimore Magazine and Style Magazine, on WMAR-TV, WBAL Radio, Fox News and more!